I did not mean to go so long between blog entries. I have a bunch of them in the queue, so to speak, that I have not gotten around to writing yet for various reasons. Such as:
1. Out of town guests
2. Strep throat (Ari, not me)
3. My *&(&(^*&%^* printer won’t work, and its functionality is essential for one of the posts (and for the thing the post is about. My printer is RUINING Christmas, basically)
4. I want Dave to write the post about the steps, since it is his project, and he hasn’t yet, because he’s busy with his JOB and stuff
5. A Christmas Carol for Gus/Tiny Tim. All weekend long. Dave is there with him now on account of number 6.
6. Just when I thought I could finally start getting caught up (and start painting the nursery/our bedroom to boot), I threw my back out last night. I had just been congratulating myself on getting to 33 weeks with pretty much no back pain, and then–BAM!–shooting pain in my lower back every time I take a step. I don’t know why; I don’t know what I did. I think it’s getting better tonight. It had better be, because I have no time for this. No time!
I did manage to do one thing that did not require much movement: I ordered cards! Historically, I order cards from Kodak Gallery. But then they stopped existing earlier this year and sent all my pictures to Shutterfly, so I’m giving them a try. They have provided me with this code to embed my card in my blog, but when I tried it before it was crap and cut off part of my card. Let’s see how it looks now:
That’s better! Look; it’s my card AND an advertisement for Shutterfly. They’re so sneaky. I haven’t had the best kid photography year this year. We were crazy busy with moving and all the first half of the year, for one thing. I think I’m getting a new camera for Christmas, and I’m also getting a baby, so I expect next year to be better.
Anyway, I fully intend to get a post up tomorrow about some amazing project or other. But Gus has yet another Christmas Carol performance, and it’s the last day my mother-in-law will be here, and my back still hurts, and my printer still sucks…..I will do my best, though!