When Katja at Shift Ctrl Art came up with the idea to get some bloggers together to make an Ikea dream house, I jumped at the chance to participate because imaginary shopping=fun and free! And because all those other guys up there are amazing, so being asked made me feel important and special.
The idea was for each of us to create an all Ikea mood board (completely unofficial and un-Ikea-affiliated) for one of six different rooms/spaces. Put them all together, and you have a whole house! The rooms were randomly assigned, and I got bathroom. In addition to all the fun, this was a good project for me because it forced me to work on the long neglected blogging 101 skill of mood board making. I used Polyvore for the first time, and I was very pleased with it. It was easy and intuitive. Anyway–here’s my bathroom:
I was pretty excited when I found out I’d be doing the bathroom, because my master bath is currently the saddest, most neglected part of my house. I’m hoping that all of this imaginary bathroom planning I’ve been doing will spill over into some real life bathroom work very soon.
Ikea does not sell stuff like floor tile or paint (or bathtubs or toilets), so you’ll have to fill in the blanks a bit here. Lots of black and white with some soft greens and then splashes of deep purple. Maybe some retro hex tile on the floor:
And then maybe white tile partway up the wall and some kind of soft greyish green paint above that. And, then, you know, since I’m fantasy bathroom planning, let’s go with a clawfoot tub and then a big separate shower. Okay, and THEN, when all that is in place, we go to Ikea and come home with all that stuff up there:
1.Fabrikor glass-door cabinet, 179.00: This is the inspiration piece, if you will. I love this little cabinet! I love the shape of it, and I love that shade of green (they also have it in dark gray and in beige). I like to imagine it in my head filled with stacks of fluffy towels interspersed with pretty little containers and such.
2. Hjalmaren wall shelf, 89.99: storage! pretty storage even! And places to put all those things I put next to the shelf up there.
3. Koppar table lamp, lilac, 14.99: I’m really enamored of this little lamp.
4. Afjarden bath towel, 9.99: lots of them! In big fluffy piles! I love fluffy towels.
5. Byholma basket, gray, 7.99: put some more fluffy towels rolled up in a couple of these
6. Snika boxes, 18.99: I love these boxes with their pleasantly rounded lids
7. Nassjo candle holder, 7.99: the next few things are silver and purple candles, candle holders, vases, etc. To make things all serene and whatnot.
8. Asikt scented candle, 4.99
9. Blomster candlesticks, 14.99
10. Alsklig vase, 9.99
11. Hemnes/Odensvik sink and cabinet, 429: I was a little conflicted here. This is in the black/brown stain, but I really wish they had it in solid black. They also have white, but with all the white tile in imaginary Ikea bathroom, I thought that would be too much. So black/brown it is!
12. Hjalmaren towel rack, 17.99
13. Lillholmen wall lamp, 14.99: this can be mounted with the light facing up or down. I’m going with down.
14. Stockholm mirror, 99.00: I love the shape of this mirror, and how the bottom ledge makes a little shelf to put stuff on, and I’m crushing on the Stockholm collection in general (I came very close to putting the buffet in here, but just couldn’t make it work). I don’t even know if this is really the right size for a bathroom mirror. If it’s not, too bad! Because I want one.
(umm…here is where I realized I left out putting a number on the faucet. And was too lazy to go back and redo all the numbers to put it in. It’s the stainless steel Dalskar faucet, $79.99)
15. Byholma chair, 89.99: I like to have some natural wood in every room.
16. Granat lilac cushion, 3.99: to make the chair comfy and bring some of the purple to another part of the room.
17. Stockholm throw, 29.99: hey, it’s the Stockholm collection again! How’d that get in there?!
18. Farglav shower curtain, 14.99: I’m really excited about how awesome this is going to look next to the hex tile.
19. Knodd trash bin with lid, 24.99
20. Toftbo bath mat, 9.99
21. Sibbared Walnut Picture, 19.99: I love this so much that I actually bought it once, for Milo and Gus’ room. But then we couldn’t find a space big enough for it so we had to return it. So I’m excited to put it up in imaginary bathroom.
Make sure to check out everyone else’s posts to see all the rooms!
Amber from Wills Casa: Kid’s Room
Anu from Nalle’s House: Living Room
Ainhoa from A Little Bite of Everything: Outdoor Living
Katja from Shift Ctrl Art: Master Bedroom
Kim from Newly Woodwards: Kitchen
Tutorials and Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Work It Wednesday